Some things that you should be aware of for the membership year 2015 /2016:
Membership and Coaching Fee: We offer the first two sessions FREE, after this there are two costs. The annual membership fee at £25. It works out at great value of just over 48p per session as we run 52 weeks of the year come rain or shine. There is also a Coaching fee of £2 per session attended after the first two free sessions. These costs go towards our affiliation with England Athletics, insurances, public liability costs, training, venue hire and equipment.
Our Head Coaches, Coaches, regular volunteers and committee are all volunteers – no one gets paid for what they do but all are motivated to provide a youth athletic club for their and other children of North Norfolk.
You will need to complete this membership form and bring along with you from your very first session. We always have spares at the sessions too.
After your childs first two free sessions you will then be contacted by our Membership Secretary to see if you would like to join the club.
- Will run on a Wednesday night from from 6.00 to 7.00 at:
- Directions: use the entrance signposted ‘Admissions’ and ‘Sports’ which is about 400-yards west (towards the town centre) from the main entrance to the senior school on the Cromer Road. Upon entering, you follow the tarmac road over the speed humps past some school buildings for 200 yards until you come to the AstroTurf pitches and the car-park.
- Please arrive for 5.45pm when we will gather in the Sports Hall for a session briefing and announcements. Please collect your child from the same place at the end of a session.
- Do not leave your child until you have signed them in and out on the registration form and have told us who will be collecting them if it’s not you.
- When you’ve completed the membership form (because this gives us authority to act in your absence in a medical emergency) you can leave your child and collect at the end.
- You are always welcome to support your child and stay watch them train.
- Please give our Head Coaches and other volunteers your support.
- At races please be welcoming to opposing parents and children.
- We will stay outside for as long as weather conditions allow and then only in severe weather conditions do we move into the school gym. So, please come dressed to layer up, keep dry or layer down! Should we ever need to cancel a session we will post this on theharriers.com, facebook: North Norfolk Harrier Athletics Club and try to email you.
- No kit is necessary other than suitable trainers. We would suggest shorts and t-shirt with a tracksuit over the top in colder conditions that can be removed easily post warm-up.
- We would suggest a BOTTLE OF WATER to keep hydrated.
- A free club T’shirt will be given to all members on joining. More can be ordered through the Membership Secretary.
- There is a club vest, which not obligatory for weekly sessions, would engender team identity at informal races and MUST be worn in events run under UKA rules. This is available to order from the Membership Secretary at £20.
In an emergency during a session (eg; your car’s broken down and you’ll be late and/or someone else is collecting your child) contact\text:
Tony Gentry – email@example.com